Tuesday 29 April 2008

Celebrating an epitaph

This is courtesy someone whose profile I bumped into in Orkut.

Thanks 'Sanjhbatir** Roopkothara***'.


I guess I would be proud if I could write something of a depth and quality remotely close to this:-

Do not stand at my grave and weep;

I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at the night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there , I did not die.

2 comments:

kasinath said...

I wish I could write like this...Osadharon..:)

Sucharita Sarkar said...

This is truly, truly lovely poem...so comforting, so loving...so spiritual.